Statement of Faith:
The Fellowship of Biblical Christians exists for fellowship and support amongst Christians who recognise the God-given role of government authority in the United Kingdom, but also oppose government overreach in terms of church and family life. We believe that such a group as this is a benefit and blessing for mutual support and edification in the face of any arising challenges, even persecution, as a result of this.
The fellowship of this group is on a personal level, but those involved must have the agreement of the (other) leadership of their local church. We hope that this group can be a blessing to members in a number of Biblical churches in the United Kingdom as we seek to serve the Lord for His Glory in our local church settings.
As a group, we believe in the inerrancy of Scripture and our fellowship is grounded on this basis, and so each participant must subscribe to one of the various Reformed Confessions as an accurate summary of what the Bible teaches, namely;
The Thirty-Nine Articles;
the Westminster Confession of Faith and Larger and Shorter Catechisms (1646);
Three Forms of Unity: Belgic Confession (1561), Heidelberg Catechism (1563), Canons of Dort (1619);
the Savoy Declaration (1658);
and the London Baptist Confession (1689).
All those involved with the Fellowship of Biblical Christians must indicate their acceptance of one of these confessions and their agreement with the summary of our core beliefs, which are:
1. The divine inspiration and inerrancy of Scripture, its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
2. There is one God who is infinite (Psalm 147:5), eternal (Deuteronomy 33:27), holy and glorious (Isaiah 6:3). He is the Great I AM (Exodus 3:14), a God of love (1 John 4:8), grace (Joel 2:13) and mercy (Ephesians 2:4). God is Almighty (Revelation 1:8), Sovereign, One being in three persons namely God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
3. God the creator of the universe which He made in six literal days, which included creating man perfect in His own image, male and female (Genesis 1:27). Mankind is made for the Glory of God (Isaiah 43:7) to live with Him and for Him to bring absolute joy, purpose and satisfaction.
4. Mankind has sinned against God and fallen short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23) and is condemned to eternal punishment in hell to satisfy the right requirements of a perfect, just and Holy God.
5. The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole and all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin and from God’s wrath and condemnation (Romans 3:24-25).
6. The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith (Ephesians 2:8) in Christ crucified and risen from the dead (Acts 2:36).
7. The regenerating, illuminating, indwelling, and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5 & Ephesians 1:13-14).
8. Fallen sinners who are rescued by the saving grace of Jesus Christ have the absolute assurance of salvation (John 5:24) that they have been adopted into the family of God as His children and will spend eternity with Him in Glory.
9. The abiding authority of the moral laws of God (Romans 2:14-15) as summarised in the Ten Commandments.
10. Christians should meet together as the local church (Hebrews 10:25). Jesus Christ is the head of the church (Ephesians 1:22) and we meet together to worship God, to praise Him, study His Word, seek Him in prayer and to have fellowship with one another as a family in His Name.
11. Christians are called to ‘go and make disciples of all nations’ (Matthew 28:19). Christians have a heart-felt duty to reach out with the message of the Gospel to the lost. This is the burden placed upon the church and it is the rich blessing of God’s people to be ambassadors for Christ for the sake of God’s Glory and the furtherance of His Kingdom.
12. Christ will return again one day to judge all people (Revelation 22:12) and to raise the dead to life (Hebrews 9:28), welcoming the righteous in Christ into heaven and casting the unrighteous to eternal damnation in hell. Christ reigns victorious over sin and death and will return to ultimately conquer Satan and all the evil of this world and everyone will worship and praise His Name.
© 2021 The Fellowship of Biblical Christians